[Harp-L] amplification question

I've been playing for many years, but I'm finally getting toward amplified
harp now that I'm finally learning guitar, too. My question is whether a
harmonica through a microphone would tend to need a more powerful amp than
an electric guitar. I'm picturing two scenarios, one in which it is just a
guitar and harp, each through an amp, and a second in which there is a
larger band (bass, drums, maybe piano). I imagine that the answer may still
be "it depends," but generally, which instrument needs the more powerful
amp? Does it depend on the harp mic or the type of guitar?