[Harp-L] Studs Terkel: RIP

I read a little while ago that Studs Terkel passed away at the age of 96.
This matters to me because..., when I was in my early 20's, attempting to
grasp the chronology and the breadth/magnitude of Blues music, I kept
running into liner notes on albums written by Studs Terkel.
There were so many in fact, that I began to recognize his
style/point-of-view after a while and I once amazed a sighted friend of mine
whom I had bribed with a combination of alcohol and other un-named substance
to read me the umpty-page booklet that came with some box set I had
acquired... By guessing that Studs Terkel had written a particular essay.

He's most famous for his oral histories, but he did a radio show for a long
time and (harp content at last) I read that Howard Levy was a regular on his
show during the period when folk music was so popular in the early-to-mid
60's.
But I suspect that as Americana music goes into umpteenth
compilation/syndication/redistribution..., we'll be seeing essays from old
Studs Terkel for years to come, who ever reads them to us.
Brad Trainham