[Harp-L] Stevie Wonder Question

Got a question for the more knowlegable Stevie Wonder fans on the list...Slim? Chris Smith?
On this clip and another Chris [I think] posted a while back, the one with Stevie and Toots playing "Bluesette" together, we hear Stevie playing in a jazzier vein than his [great] playing on his own stuff...I'm no expert, but it sounds to me as though Stevie has jazz chops for sure...the Bluesette clip in particular [he's playing in Bb on that one, by the way, for those who think he can only get around in a few keys]...so my question is this: has he always been able to do this or does this indicate some relatively recent thing with his playing? I mean we all know the guy's a genius and everything, but on both these clips he plays fast jazz runs...has he alwasy been able to do this?
WVa Bob
P.S. Probably he won't, but damn I'd love to hear Stevie make a jazz record!

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008