[Harp-L] RE: Custom Harmonicas - a point that needs to be made

Tony Eyers wrote:
"... there are a number of harmonica technicians who gap and tune reeds, adjust cover plates etc, and sell the resulting product for less than $100. I have played some of these instruments, and the extra they cost over stock instruments is
well spent."

Who?

With diapers to buy and three wee mouths to feed, and a more-than-full-time job (meaning I don't gig much these days), spending the money needed for a TOP shelf custom harmonica is really out of the question. However, I may be able to justify the expense of something in the sub-$100 region.

MN