RE: [Harp-L] Re: ANTONY DANNECKER HARMONICAS

> Tony Danneker builds EXCELLENT hand made custom harmonicas, using Hohner MS
> reed plates.
> They are 100% customised, built as required. Tuned as required. What else
> could anyone want? How can anyone say they are not "special"?
> Antony Danneker can build ANY custom harmonica.... He builds custom
> harmonicas.
> And has done so for me.
> Danneker harmonicas are as good as it gets!
> I'm simply a satisfied Danneker customer
> John "Whiteboy" Walden

In that they are set up and tuned precisely according to stated requirements I can't see how anyone could really argue that they're not customised.   I suppose you could argue that there is customised and there is customised.   The fact that they are far less expensive than harps from other customisers presumably implies that certain procedures involving the fine adjustment of reeds are not included.   I contend that this is completely irrelevant to most harmonica players, who want something a darn sight better than out of the box and which performs to their exact stated requirements but at an affordable price (bearing in mind that some of us need harps in a number of different keys AND duplicates of all of 'em to boot in case of clog-ups and so on).   We're not all pros who make their living out of harp playing and we can't all afford to pay hundreds or thousands for sets of harps that have exceptional refinements that most of us hairy-arses probably wouldn't notice anyway.   I'm not saying that those who take the art of building and setting up harmonicas to the highest level are not worthy of our salutations, but their services are too expensive for an awful lot of us and Tony fills that void superbly.   It's the bottom line innit.  Order a harp from Tony and you will get a real musical instrument that will respond perfectly and allow you to bring out the best in your playing.   I'm not saying you can't pay out three or four times as much, wait for months or years and not get a harp that is even better, but it won't be better by quantum leaps.   Not unless you're better than most of us yourself by quantum leaps anyway.

Steve (ducking)
Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/