[Harp-L] Bluegrass chromatic harmonica

O.K. I found a starting place. David Naiditch. His Web site says he took lessons from Sonny Terry and Cham Ber Huang, chromatic harmonica bluegrass. The stuff he's playing isn't really the stuff I'd be playing, I'm more into that embryonic Rock n' Roll stuff Bill Monroe was playing in the 1940s... I like to play bluegrass with some blues and a rock beat in it. The one exception of his stuff was "Lonesome Moonlight Waltz" I was really getting into that one.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=387735431

I'm gonna check to see if he's got a CD with a Jimmie Rodgers remake or something... On Lonesome Moonlight, that's pretty much what I envisioned myself learning to do, using the chromatic to mimic the mandolin, then with diatonic rhythm chops as rhythm.

Dave Payne
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com
Fact: "Teddy Roosevelt did not actually write 35 books. The words just assembled themselves out of fear."