Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Trill Truth Revealed

NOT worth it, imho....  Has to be a better way to do the  trill...

Elizabeth

"Message: 14
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:29:49 -0400
From: "46long  Blake" <46long@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mox GOWLAND" <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx,  billrossoll@xxxxxxxxx

I sometimes play tambourine and harp at  the same time - hard as you know
what to do, BTW, if you're doing anything  other than comping in exact time.
Insanely difficult if you're soloing and  playing off the beat, getting funky
or swingy, working triplets, playing  fast, etc. at all. But as i'm mostly
playing in a duo, we try to make as much  noise as possible. It's a skill in
progress and I use it with mixed success,  though my partner loves
it. Anyway, when I do this, I need to do the jaw  trill technique. I'm sure
that this will have horrible long term arthritic  effects, but for now, while
I'm still relatively young, it works pretty  well.

- Blake

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Mox GOWLAND  <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bill Rossoll wrote :
> >The  only three methods I know of to produce a trill are:
> 1. Side to side  head shake.
> (LW did not seem too keen on this one.)
> 2. Shake the  harp itself from side to side.
> (This is seen in the aforementioned video  at about the 6:50 mark or so.)
> 3. Move the tongue sideways, back and  forth, between alternating holes.<
>
> can I add
> 4)  moving the lower jaw rapidly from side to side.
>
> I witnessed this  technique when played by the brothers Murphy
> on some fast Irish jigs  & reels.
> Quite amazing!
>
> Mox
>  http://newhokumsheiks.com
>
> http://harmopoint.com
no registration required and great graphics â check it out!