[Harp-L] Des Moines Harmonica Blowout

Excellent time at the Hummel Blowout at Blues on Grand in Des Moines.  This
one featured Kim Wilson, Magic Dick and Mark.   Venue was sold out and crowd
was pumped!  I was eager to hear MD, as he does not seem to play in Iowa
much.

 I talked with Kim Wilson for a while outside in the cold/wind/drizzle.   He
was in good spirits and was enthusiastic about a new T Birds recording he
was finishing up.  When asked what gear he brings to gigs, he replied
Meteor, Concert, brown Fenders, brown Pro.

The harmonicists shared two Meteors.  Band included Rusty Zinn playing a
Gibson hollowbody into a Super Reverb, upright or electric bass, drums.

It was sort of a greatest hits program.  Mark with Hand Jive, Kim with Juicy
Harmonica, MD with Wammer Jammer.   Mark and MD otherwise sounded like their
recordings, Kim with more variety.   Kim's performance was inspiring, Mark's
was interesting, MD was pretty interesting....  Overall, well worth the two
hour drive and $25 admission.