Re: [Harp-L] personal epiphany - was re: Sounds like Harmonica

Iceman wrote:
> The  problem was in her delivery - she is a high energy person
> and once she started  talking, it was a non-stop stream of words,
> almost like she could circular  breathe while talking. There were
> no spaces or pauses between her ideas. It just  kept coming
> relentlessly. I found that my brain turned off after about 15
> minutes.

I got a piece of advice about parenting that applies here, and also to
music: the more you say, the less they hear.  This was intended to
advise a parent to keep their speeches to their children consise and to
the point, but the same principle can be applied to music.  You might
think that by playing more you're saying more, but the truth is that
your audience is probably hearing less.

Guilty as charged...

-tim