Re: [Harp-L] Summertime in different positions

Buddha <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would you guys be interested in a video where I play the head to
Summertime in a bunch of different positions?  This would be largely
for comparative purposes and may help some of your who want to learn
it.  Do you want "flash" and unmercifully fancy licks or not?

simpler is better, if we're to be able to figure stuff out from it.

Solos or just the head?

both.

I'm not going to even attempt to be Ruben-esque and do it in all
twelve keys, I can't bear to butcher a tune like Summertime so please
don't suggest that.

i won't. but it might be helpful to discuss, for each position that
you do use, what its advantages/disadvantages are (familiarity,
don't need overblows, special mood or feel imparted, etc). you might mention positions you'd avoid and why.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West