Re: Re: [Harp-L] Hunting for a bucket of icy ice

You guys are thinking too hard.

When something has the quality of goo, you say it's gooey.

If it has a lot of lumps, you say it's lumpy.

If it's like ice, you say it's icy.

I think that Iceman was going beyond simply describing a harmonica-like sound, though. He's trying to identify (and disparage) something all too many harmonica players do - going out fo their way to play a characteristic harmonica sound just because they can (or doing it without even thinking about it because it's habitual) - instead of being musical.

Hence "harmonicaeee."

Yeah, it looks bad on the page. But try saying it out loud: "Ugh, that sounds all harmonicaeee. Don't get too close, it might spatter on you and it's nasty stuff to get off."

Winslow