[Harp-L] summertime, playing without cover plates and custom harps

I largely agree with the comments about Christeller's version.  It
also serves to illustrate my point that 2nd isn't a great position for
melodic playing.  (yeah, I know it can be done)

Anyway, I was working on a harp for Zvi Aranoff and decided to take it
on a test run with Summertime. I've never played it on an A harp
before and after doing so, I don't think it's the best position for
it. Maybe I would think otherwise if I had put on the cover plates.
It's a little difficult playing without them. LOL.  Somewhere in the
middle of the tune I switch to my favorite position for this tune, 3rd
position on a C harp.

Fire away with the critiques

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNw5xA1lJRw

My apologies if I've turned you away for a custom harp order.  I've
been overwhelmed with multiple orders from previous customers.  Now
that I am mostly caught up, I am taking orders again. I recently
ordered a new batch of stock harps so I will have most of the
"popular" keys in stock.  The wait time is less than just about
everybody else at the moment so it's best to get on the list now.

If you're on the fence about ordering a pro-level harmonica, it's a
necessity for all harmonica players to have a few.  These harmonicas
will enhance what you already do and help you play things you've never
played before.  I've received comments from recent customers, they
felt they were immediately a better player because they have a capable
instrument to help them.

These harps will help you...

Achieve Overblows
Help with intonation issues
help with technique issues.
Most of all they help you be better at what you already do.

And you get a free hour lesson via skype normally $90.00/session

email me off list for more info on harmonicas or lessons