[Harp-L] Magic Dick harmonicas update?

Does anyone have any information on the Magic Dick harmonica tunings? Don't
see anything on his web site but his tour list -- not bad for a 63-year-old
harp meister.

There have been reports over the years that a harmonica (s) using the 1992
patent was due out in real life any day now. Other than his use of prototypes on
his recordings, I haven't heard anything lately.

If you would like to view the text of the patent, check out

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5166461.html

You can read it or print it out. It's 21 pages.

When you order a copy of the patent from the US Patent Office, you   get 13
pages of drawings showing the layout of prior harps and the new Magic harps in
addition to the text description.

Going through my archives of several patents from the Patent Office, I came
across a 1907 patent (W.B. Yates) for solo tuned diatonic (the pattern
frequently used in the standard chromatic) which has complete modules like holes 4-7
on Richter (blues) diatonic mashed up against each other so there are Double
C's in the blow pattern: CEGC CEGC CEGC so that the blow draw pattern is the
same for each octave.

I ordered patents based on the one's Magic Dick & DB referenced on their
patent application.

For more information on patenting chord changes on harmonicas, check the
Harp-L archives.

Phil Lloyd

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.