Re: [Harp-L] Prince has HARP player...

Let me add my own congratulations to Fred Yonnet for landing his gig with Prince. It's wonderful that a great harp player is playing such a prominent role in the latest band supporting one of the greatest musicians in popular music.

I saw Prince perform for 2 hours in a nightclub in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, and it was the greatest performance I've ever seen in a club.  He was incredible--it was like watching Jimi Hendrix fronting James Brown's band with P-Funk along for the ride.  The band was terrific, and Prince made sure that each and very one of them had time in the spotlight.

What a great gig!  Am I correct in my belief that Sugar Blue had a gig with Prince for a while?  With luck, maybe there will be a harp chair in ALL Prince's bands from now on.

Regards, Richard Hunter