Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica : a popular and ubiquitous instrument

Nicely put. There is a false honor (in my opinion) about how hard it is to
approach an instrument, that you're cool if a newbie can't even make the
thing sound like anything. One of the things that I love the most about the
harmonica is what I will call its transparency, meaning that it will
transmit exactly the emotion and color that you give it. Perhaps that's
ultimately true for all instruments, but players can hide a bit behind
technique in the guitar, fake emotion, fake pain. In my opinion, harps tell
no lies. In a very real way, you are the instrument.

I submit that, our frequent protestations here notwithstanding, the