Re: [Harp-L] What happens when bending

Am Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008 schrieb John F. Potts:
> Everything you say makes perfect sense to me EXCEPT the role you
> attribute to the tongue--"that the tongue works to change the size
> of   the resonating chamber."  If that were actually so, how is it
> that a full time tongue blocker is able to bend?

Even with the tip of the tongue blocking, the rest of the tongue is
very mobile, you can make it thick or thin and give it a profile.
When bending hole 3 all the way down i start with a thick tonge, then
it flattens at the tip and the deeper the bend goes the biger is the
portion of the tongue that's flat. Also the tongue  goes deeper into
my throat while bending.
Wether it's that what creates the bend or not, the resonant chamber in
my mouth widens through this process. I can't proof, that Rick is
right, but i can say for sure, that changing the size of the resonant
chamber is easily possible while tonge blocking, and it's what i do
while bending notes. (Being a 90% tongue blocker, including bends and
overbends)

--
Gruß,Frank