Re: [Harp-L] a lurker's lurker

This is what I'm talking about. Made for a great read. Welcome to the Town
Hall.

What a refreshing change from the same old same old same old - same old
posters, too.

All you others that are silent - why not speak out? There is no right or
wrong. There are no dumb questions.

I especially like that this poster is going to invest in Harmonica for
Dummies. He mentioned "but I don't know most of what you are
talking about. I  don't know positions, I don't know what chords I play, I've
learned the feel  and vibe of the harp part of a song, but I've never tried
to duplicate it  note from note, and I've never taken a harp apart, even
though my best one is  a Special 20 that must be from about ... '77? "

Then he says "So, I'm planning to get Harmonica For Dummies, so I can
understand the
language that you are speaking."

Now this is a good use of the Harp-L - not so much that us "insiders" can
impress each other with how much we know, but more for bringing everyone else
into the party. It's great to want to "understand the language that you are
speaking", but let's also open it up to those that don't speak the language of
the semi-pros and let them talk in their own language.

With almost 2000 members, let's rock and roll.....

The Iceman

In a message dated 10/11/2008 4:46:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,