[Harp-L] Real Book Vol 1 software

I have no idea what the general consensus of The Real Book series (fake
books) is -- only that they have proved valuable to me.

(The Real Book Vol. 1 6th edition and the Real Book Vol. 2 2nd edition are
now out in reduced format 5 1/4 X 8 1/2 inch pages--the book is about 5 3/4 wide
due to spiral binder--at $25 list for each.)

I admit that I have never heard of most of the songs in the book, another
chunk of tunes I recognize only by title. But the ones I want are there -- that
is why I purchased them -- to have the melody line when I couldn't remember how
the whole song went.

There now is an electronic version of Vol. 1 that runs on XP and Vista PCs
and another version that runs on Macs that not only includes all the pages on a
DVD (that can be printed out) but the tunes themselves at the click of a
button.

As the guy who put the project together said, he discovered -- and listened
to -- many songs that he had never heard of before just while he was assembling
the project.

I think that feature alone is probably worth the price of the project. I know
I will not be purchasing any box sets of all the jazz standards in the near
future.

 You also get a Band in the Box "Real Book Jazz Standards." (1,690 tunes)

Say you want to learn/play along with Don't Get Around Anymore. You FIND the
tune, it tells you the key, you grab the right harp, hit the play button and
you're off. If you want to look at the notes, go ahead. Otherwise, just
concentrate on learning the melody and playing along with it.

The whole package costs $65 -- which sounds like a deal to me.

Here's the link to the page:
< http://www.realbooksoftware.com/index.php?page=Musical%20Notes&;
gclid=CKnzqdLx9JUCFRJexwodEgoeLQ   >

I'm seriously considering the purchase.

Phil Lloyd

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.
Dining, Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out