Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica effects clips?

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<I'd like to hear someone trying a flange with harp.  Anybody try it? Same with
<the often discussed Leslie/rotary speaker effect.

Craig Struble has recorded a lot of great stuff with a real Leslie for the CT-based band Fivewise.  His myspace page URL is:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11366799

Craig has obviously listened hard to how organists use the leslie, and he gets a lot of excitement out of that device.

I recorded a lot of stuff with flanger (Boss BF-2, to be exact) starting in the early 1980s, and you can still hear a lot of flanger in some of my recent recordings.  The first piece I recorded with flanger was "Put The Lever Down," recorded in 1982, and available at http://hunterharp.com/mp3s.html as well as http://broadjam.com/rhunter.  I used the flanger on both lead and backup parts on that piece.  I re-made that piece as "Lever Down" recently, still with a flanger on the harp lead (along with an amp modeler, an octave doubler, and a few other pieces of effect exotica), and you can hear the results at the same Broadjam URL.

Regards, Richard Hunter