[Harp-L] 0-80 screw reedplate picture

It took me a while but I took a picture of a reed I attached to a Lee Oscar reed plate. I think I can send an attachment on harp-l.  If not, I will be glad to e-mail off line.

I just drill and tap as Vern suggested, and attach the reed from the reed side.  No nut or anything involved.  If you are working on a chromatic, just grind the back side smooth.  There are plenty of threads in the reed plates, to hold the screw without a nut.  I have never had one come loose. And the best part is that they only cost about 3 cents each.  If the reed is off center, then I install the screw from the back, and use a nut on the reed. The 0-80 nut is a little big, but it works OK.

Harvey Berman