[Harp-L] Re: Rebirth of Cheapo Harps

Dear Aongas,

I'm glad you liked it! I've actually "refurbished" about 5 of my Johnson Blues Kings since then. I've also started experimenting with altering the tunig (following the schemas in Steve Baker's "Harp Handbook"), and now have a D harp in the "Dorian" tuning, an F in "Spanish" tuning, a C in "Country" tuning, as well as a Db I haven't retuned (and the original Ab). I followed the same procedures I outlined in my post for each one (prior to retuning with a file), and I can report that for all the key's I've retuned so far, I've gotten the same great results! Who knew that a Blues King could sound so good?

Best of luck with your box o' cheapies!

Cheers,

Isaac Ullah