Re: [Harp-L] Summertime on a diatonic

I was lucky enough study privately with Howard Levy for a few months back
in the early ' 80's. "Summertime" was one of the first tunes we worked on.
I remember Howard told me that he thought the tune was best suited for 4th
position. He liked to start the tune off on the 8 blow and then make a
soulful bend on it and slide over to the 7 blow.

IMHO, you start with an 8 blow bend, slide up to the natural note and then slide over to 7 blow...

Sunnyside