[Harp-L] Summertime on a Diatonic

I've always played 5th position when this tune is called. I don't worry about it if i can't get every note exactly because it's okay to lay out and let the rest of the band handle certain passages. It's important to leave spaces anyway--what you DON'T play is at least as important as what you do play. And what's most important of all is to let the music breathe--which can actually happen when you take the harp out of your mouth every now and then. And if you can let the music breathe, you may be pleasantly surprised at how much better you (and the music) sound when you do come back in. And, btw, after you do come back in, don't forget to let the music breathe...
JP