Re: [Harp-L] Borrah Minevitch

It's crazy. I've been trying to prove whether his harmonica "thesis" that supposedly sold 50 bazillion copies - yet nobody has ever seen it - actually exists.

 I called City College, first see if he had been a student there between 1920 and 1925, they told me very prissily today that I would have to get a court order... although the U.S. Census of the same time is public information. So, I'm going to  call the library there and see if they've got anything.
If that doesn't work, I'll start with a Freedom of Information Act Request and go from there.  Might work, might not. You just gotta throw the whole collander of spaghetti on the wall and see if any noodles stick.
I don't think the thesis actually exists or ever did, but if it does, I wanna read it.

Who of Borrah's players would actually still be alive?

Funny thing happened today, I've been to 11 stores looking for 7mm Mauser cartridges. I found it at the 11th store. They had a box of old records. Right there in the front was a mint Johnny Puleo record. I got it with my 7mm Mauser shells. It has "Yes, We Have No Bananas" on it.
Funny thing. The box of 7mm Mauser shells was $31. The Johnny Puleo record,, in mint condition, was 35 cents.

Young whippersnappers who have no idea who we are talking about, may view here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVVad2xmY4

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas