Re: [Harp-L] Borrah Minevitch
- To: "David Payne" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Borrah Minevitch
- From: "David Brown" <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:29:48 -0600
- Cc: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=FAmYBon2ZNjluPEM3f6WmIZiEI4tMIl2dF5roiHZrfM=; b=Ep9ilPHdMukOGIOcVXVN9zjFOCPC30BqvVKH42BP1KU+jSimXpC52Sj6v0YGF1Jndj l/tnmF6+RWieYMxL6P497wZaCgQ7PYusRa03y84Ql5dh/iNjsIwzux0mcPDV5z3bUpCR /gSk35BC5TfN3N50i/Hx/8dJSXQA7yFRM8U6E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=M5JM7V+pfdTL6I3moZyyTE1Q79CsIeutSJU3ZOqodNxwatGllONy79DinuHtUFWT/d HuZ1fNU7FaVdV3m8bBxQloYlvibtSvzrt31gf3RqpWJFhnssFcaivwzgolNr2cBoM+j+ mZ/dFW6QaVhDXlq297GcDo68hHSyhlxduF5zE=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MInnevich hits me as a real character. I seem to remember reading something
to the effect that he had an iron fist clause in Johnny Pulio's contract
that kept Pulio under contract to Borah for eternity.I also read the
"falling down the stairs" version of his death. I haven't read a book about
Borah (is there one?) but from what I have read his life would make a good
book or movie (I vote for Danny Devito or the guy who played "Mini Me" for
the part Pulio :-)).
On 11/26/08, David Payne <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some may know by now I'm a big fan of Borrah.
> Here's the account I of his death I came across today....
> " He worked intermittently as a movie producer, but died suddenly of a
> heart attack as he was driving alongside Lydia, his wife of three weeks.
> Years later, Lydia briefly and unsuccessfully attempted to revive the
> Rascals as a stage act. "
> The version I'd always heard was he walked up on some dude sleeping with
> his wife, opened up a can on the guy and during the fight, he fell down the
> stairs and died.
> So, what happened?
> Only one thing is for sure, what we know about Borrah's life is shrouded in
> Dave Payne Sr.
> Elk River Harmonicas
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and