Re: [Harp-L] Re: Froggy Voice can't sing
- To: shockley <shocklee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Froggy Voice can't sing
- From: "Drew Ross" <spiritualpersonality@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:26:32 -1000
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=sypuC1gmXQJEAolKOYaTuGHqfxg+e/BMsv60obMvlN0=; b=Rpx2cUHj21pCH4YbdbYiDGsJkPAAKubfTYdJsL4tpQ212oWJ2X7PKuEj7zeEjgQ1kT wKk8sqFB8TvXqADl9fw1/3Ypg/RI0osEoWJ8cEacgxau3Ub/4Tso3FZRCyjzALr58jUG RblXJjmKonY58PFtVDWdpDImtVryG2XlxFn+s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=q2dsw3mbCqhsDnlMke2RocCmlb4od2yrYdOKTK0MQ+dpdyNWOHPKJ4k8uGu+WAWr1/ NDnmpD6wshtmDwbd8GFwm1b3poq5CgEvCYsS18izfPd+/PyhdADO6eXswBERTQEmjjT8 zTzkIEBzXBoGVoErd9kr1NOWoWTC493BoFlO8=
- In-reply-to: <000701c94f8d$88b758b0$6401a8c0@lc>
- References: <000701c94f8d$88b758b0$6401a8c0@lc>
They called Mel Tormé the Velvet Fog, but as a kid, I thought that they
said, Velvet Frog ...
Lee Oskar, Toots Thielemans and Guido Basso, among others, play harp on some
of his recordings.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:09 PM, shockley <shocklee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steve Webb wrote:
> Ummm, I am the king of froggy voices. I have often said that
> I could be a great singer, if only my voice would let me. Sorry
> to say that there are froggy voices that do not have charm.
> If you need an example, I could provide you with a cassette
> tape on which I mistakenly attempted to sing.
> Steve Webb in Minnesota, where I let my harmonica do my singing
> Maybe you need to try a Ramones song?
> I'm only froggy sometimes when I wake up. Dr. John/Wolfman Jack
> type. It's fun -- thrilling even, but never lasts.
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and