Re: [Harp-L] Willie Dixon Controversy

The music biz was far more regional back then; that's why he could get away with it. I don't think he called himself Sonny Boy II, by the way. That's a concoction of the largely UK/European blues revival scene of the 'sixties. I think he just called himself 'Sonny Boy Williamson' straight up.
RD

IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Back in the day before radio play headed towards a nationwide awareness of
> artists, Rice Miller took the name Sonny Boy II with the hope to
> ride up on the
>  coattails of an already established name - Sonny Boy Williamson. He got gigs
>  because of the name recognition.

i've read that as well.  though i can't imagine anyone would try that today.

----
Jason Ricci II
garry@xxxxxxxxxxx