[Harp-L] Duster Bennett

How nice to see Duster Bennett finally getting his due so many years on down the road. When I started playing in 1969 I borrowed his first LP "Smiling Like I'm Happy" on Blue Horizon Records with Pete Green's original Fleetwood Mac backing him on some titles. I got it from a friend and somehow managed to teach myself all the tunes within about three months, whereupon I returned it. I didn't hear this record again for over 20 years. When I finally got the opportunity, I was amazed to realize just how much of his playing had rubbed off on me and I've always quoted him as a major early influence ever since. He was great live too, I saw him in the Lyceum Ballroom in London around 1970. We were stricken by the news of his death in a car accident on the way home from a gig in 1976, it was a great loss. Thanks Duster, your music lives on!

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com