[Harp-L] Re: Reality check?

I DO NOT intend for this to prompt any political discussion or debate, but knowing what I know about the extremely difficult final days of both the great Paul deLay and Pat Ramsey, if I had any notion of making my living by playing the harmonica, I would do it in a country that has socialized medicine. I cannot imagine trying to feed a family (and purchase health insurance) as a musician in the States these days. What's more, as an American living in Europe, I can tell you that - with some connections - there are greater opportunities here for performing musicians.

All told, I'd rather earn a living by letting people kick me in the teeth than I would as a musician. The pay's probably about the same and it'd hurt less.

MN