Re: [Harp-L] Upright Bass Simulator
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Upright Bass Simulator
- From: "Seth Galitzer" <sethgali@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:25:55 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=+oW8vkwwzKwlVCWUjYhtxdJ+J8/olH30+dwGJMuFTaY=; b=ionqcreXorv7+u4f2WsqysaGSyw1QfdmZaQLqK7akcBDKcfB1sIdTo/gcaVXgV1s+A gzfDYoVZCGmSEhhMolExwPGiv6iRyT+fU6R8KK7fDk8lgv9XL8aZD1Kt/b8qoI/3iovc ZCRZfdE/e+HGyOGAkwazZpcekij7FxRoANc4w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=RetqCxQfXTRCPaWGRsgm5KNCD8mCuoMmYVi7qtD63dvuX+lz4Y0uldZaRLXP5Hoyi7 azph4vwsa1Ctd2nyg9Syqm7aXu3eBtBgat6FRF+7iR7G5u16r/1MeiH6Jj3e6wtwMoc4 Fln3VfQu9Oj50Y66vxRBusXdXfr3n+veAcCZw=
- In-reply-to: <01da01c9483d$7ce97790$c500a8c0@DCJVZY81>
- References: <01da01c9483d$7ce97790$c500a8c0@DCJVZY81>
If your main concern is the size of the upright, you may want to
consider, what I'd call a hybrid acoustic/electric bass. I think
catalogs list them as an "upright electric bass". Basically, it's an
electric with a full-sized acoustic fingerboard that you play upright,
instead of like a guitar. I can't speak to their quality or
playability, but I've seen pros use them. You play it like a
double-bass, and it's about as tall as one, but it has a tiny solid
body with electric pickups. Sometimes they have a stand that they sit
on while you play it, so it's not quite as long as a double-bass.
Beauty is in the ear of the bass player, of course.
(not a bass player)
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Hal Iwan <haliwan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all
> I am inquiring about something/anything that will give a 4 string Fender electric bass the sound of an upright bass. This will be switchable as needed in a 4 harp & guitar driven
> blues band. Or ... stuck with an upright monster ??
> Any thoughts/experiences ??
> Thanks and best regards,
> Hal Iwan
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and