Re: [Harp-L] Upright Bass Simulator

If your main concern is the size of the upright, you may want to
consider, what I'd call a hybrid acoustic/electric bass.  I think
catalogs list them as an "upright electric bass".  Basically, it's an
electric with a full-sized acoustic fingerboard that you play upright,
instead of like a guitar.  I can't speak to their quality or
playability, but I've seen pros use them.  You play it like a
double-bass, and it's about as tall as one, but it has a tiny solid
body with electric pickups.  Sometimes they have a stand that they sit
on while you play it, so it's not quite as long as a double-bass.
Beauty is in the ear of the bass player, of course.

Seth
(not a bass player)

--
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.