http://www.bluestateband.net

From: Joel aka Poweharp <powerharp@xxxxxxxxx> Date: November 13, 2008 8:43:04 AM PST To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: [Harp-L] Mic Impedance Transformer

I recently began using a Fireball-V mic. This is a low impedance mic (150
ohms). It has been suggested that I us an impedance transformer which I
understand will boost the signal through the entire range of the mic. I've
played at three jams with the mic and have received comments that the sound was
a tinny. My amp is a 60 watt all tube, Pignose G60VR, upgraded with a Weber
California 4 ohm speaker. With a JT-30 or even a Shaker Dynamic mic the sound range is much more full.

Before I purchase a transformer, can anyone enlighten me on exactly what I
can expect it to do in terms of what changes I will hear in the sound/tone? I
hope that I will hear a noticeable increase in the lower frequencies that are
part of the full resonance of any harp in any key. That's based on my limited
knowledge of the physics of sound.
Joel aka Powerharp
www.myspace.com/powerharp