Re: [Harp-L] Reed plate thickness
- To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reed plate thickness
- From: "Tom Albanese" <reedwrecker@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:52:27 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=EZBs/D0c5xNVZsLrdVBtjhoPwnUYyAt8G9NxauOj7XE=; b=YH1KEFstVHo3DuboqJzBiUQwvcz4a4tebYthRqJPeikU4XwspnE0vpDKws1LZ4DX9X Q5hw/EjqUsDQPLPC3P2IqEkZlonRYLqpJEcnriAajmZs4iuCukO+vHD8/HI8qFUZ3XyJ FJWdzqB1xMy9Z2F7YaYUNiVPJG3Zr3LlaQNcY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=TjTna3aUMdVujQJWYQDSzsp8b0a2Za9/4v1yMe6rkxFbb1cF4A5E/c1Rv2uAHPoioO 6u0JrOU+W+u21R86mBR6gSB+0YyFJLdo3F2M2UIlG0QRfM7Mo0mX+CQSQrjiWk4LWrXc AMZbT/Oz9OX94wPYlluVyc1YK7l7R5K6m1RbU=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
One of the main advantages to double thick reed plates is the volume you get
from forcing the reeds to swing deeper in the slot. Makes the
harmonica louder but also stresses the reeds more because they travel
further. It's a trade off. That's how it was explained to me by the master.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Dave Payne, Elk River Harmonicas <
> A thicker reedplate will play better because, this factor is widely
> overlooked, the screw pressure is distributed more evenly,
> thus the reedplate holds flatter and you get less leaking. I have double
> plated them before, that's going from like 1.04 mm to 2.08 mm and it will
> overblow much easier.
> Dave Payne Sr.
> Elk River Harmonicas
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and