Re: [Harp-L] Shure 575SB

Josh,

I have 6 HiZ's and the PE57 and 10 R-50 elements and know them very well.  I
used to use one in my car with a Fender Mini Tonemaster and it sounded great
with that set up.....in a car.   I did have one with tremendous feedback and
it was just a ruined element inside the shell.   Trashed it.
 These normally don't have feedback problems and are just like any other
mic, but these do sound pretty good and warm when driven through a decent
amp.  The power is about maybe 75-80% of a 545 with good grind for a
lavalier mic.
Techo's mic, harley blinker?,  may have the cheap crystal in it and that's
why the 575 is hotter as you found out.  I even think they're hotter than
the Turner Dynamic when HiZ'd.   If your mic is toast, I can sell you one
for cheap or give you a new element R50 and Hi Z it.  I used to give these
away if I was a week late on a delivery for good faith and the customer
always liked them.  Kind of shot myself in the foot I guess....lol....as I
like them.  Heck the sound better than a 100 dollar modern day bullet of any
make.

You should use some  non-sticky/gooey tape to keep the grill from turning to
eliminate handling noise.