[Harp-L] Vern's rack review
- To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Vern's rack review
- From: John Frazer <harmonicajohns@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:09:45 -0800
- In-reply-to: <200811121621.mACGLhW3013748@harp-l.com>
- Thread-index: AclFCvzMO5VZdLD+Ed2ZgwAbY7ad3A==
- Thread-topic: Vern's rack review
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.3.3.061214
My buddy Gary Lehman recently got a 270 rack set-up from Vern Smith. He let
me play it last night when I was dropping off some Blackirds for fine
tuning. They rack-thing was very interesting. Instead of a button, you move
the mouthpiece with your head movement to access the other set of reeds. It
worked pretty well, but I could not do my riffs with nearly the speed of a
button. Pretty cool, though. I don't know that I would pay %600 for it, but
it is cool.
Keep up the good work, Vern. You are definitely on to something. The rack is
adjustable for height and angle, too.
I will stick with my Blues Tools rack, though; since I play exclusively
diatonic while drumming.
"Watch out! He has some sort of a fantastic instrument that lets out a death
Harmonica John Frazer
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and