[Harp-L] When embossing...
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Harp-L] When embossing...
- From: "Alberto Robles" <grillslinger@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:35:24 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=TVJValPCrOhuqA61ptO92/wSsLRtkj63qX0D/3m7beQ=; b=kf/NNUu1lpugYFusQ5dPrypZ1jN6GeJcg+w3NJfw9zpeUA5w/ICnAOls8QvUKG8mRz NqJw6TXatDM+iZSZGS+7vsx3Gur16hHPrxQX4NnWbjEWKuVPJr6jD88QKHYf55SKKqZQ dhkYGywCFiC95qKwJH75vPku91LVOElCPG7vo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=M3LZGXoZLcbuPHnVv7gEh6CtwuLHFjjK7i/zZ794t7SuaSAaM0+sB/chFAu7L+ywPu /7Zv+aBjM3Q3bcCLg/OPHS2rSiks+mfT/K3O/zJmkh5jm8TJNtVOM+5LWOZM7xT7cJWB rn/KTw4s9uKlnXsMUm3udGxMaqD2nUiPnnqJw=
Hello, this is my first post at Harp-I. I am the newsletter editor for HOOT
(Harmonica Organization Of Texas).
I have tried embossing on a couple of harps. To me, sound changed, but not
by much. They do seem more responsive and easier to play...of course that
may be my imagination. I wanted to write down what I am doing. Maybe someone
can either tell me I'm doing it right, or point me in the right direction.
I use a small, cylindrical socket, about the width of a pencil. I push down
on the rivet end, and with a bit of pressure. I repeat this until the reed
gets stuck in the slot.
Once the reed is stuck, I pop it back out and use a small file at the edges
(very softly and carefully) until the reed plays again.
Is this a process that would work?
Thanks for your time...
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and