[Harp-L] Re: Gypsy Jazz Chromatic Harmonica

Yeah, there's only one other cut on "Portrait" (which is a compilation of other albums Jimmy appears on) that features Finn Hauge: "Dans Le Regard De Laura". He plays brilliantly on it, but it is a ballad (not sure how you define "gypsy fire" ;-)). It is from the album "Hot Shots", 1997. Maybe there's more of him on that one?

Would love to hear more from this guy!

- Slim.

David & Jackie Naiditch wrote:
Slim,

Thanks for telling me about this album--Portrait of Jimmy Rosenberg. I've only heard Finn Hauge on the CD, "Hot Club De Norvege: Swinging with Vertavao, Angelo & Jimmy." Out of the 23 tracks, Finn only plays harmonica on 3 (Jimmy the Kid, Blue Strings, The Flying Dutchmn), and none of these tunes capture the typical "gypsy fire." (Although I love his playing.) From my search on Amazon, it seems that 2 of these tunes are also on Portrait of Jimmy Rosenberg. Please let me know which other tunes Finn plays harmonica on.

Best regards,
David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.com