Re: [Harp-L] Carnegie Hall again!!
- To: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Carnegie Hall again!!
- From: Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 04:29:49 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=earthlink.net; b=tazCWO63XgDFrgiGlsgdvOBpBQGD9A4Sy6x7YrQfWY+4Yrry7Kd35qn9v/Yc6Jvp; h=Received:User-Agent:Date:Subject:From:To:Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:Mime-version:Content-type:Content-transfer-encoding:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- In-reply-to: <1D531E65-4D5A-4E98-9E1F-76DCC39F89BF@i-2000.com>
- Thread-index: AclCTbX99KpWwK5AEd2t0gAX8shj6w==
- Thread-topic: [Harp-L] Carnegie Hall again!!
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.3.3.061214
Congrats on yours NY POPS performance at Carnegie Hall....quite an honor not
many Harmonica Players get to play that hall !!
I wholeheartedly agree TOOTS has been a great inspiration to not only
Chromatic Players but to Jazz Musicians all over the Globe.....Viva Le
On 11/7/08 11:53 PM, "Robert Bonfiglio" <bon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did my 4th performance at Carnegie Hall with the New York Pops this
> time. Rehearsal sucked, concert was great!!! Nice to have the
> harmonica stand up to any instrument in the Orchestra and come out
> equal. Well, better than some!!!
> Saw Toots picture in the New York Times receiving the NEA award as a
> great jazz player. This has to be the most recognition any harmonica
> player has ever gotten to promote the status of the instrument. With
> George Benson, Jimmy Cobb, Lee Konitz, ³Snooky² Young, ³Toots²
> Thielemans and Rudy Van Gelder - I mean how is it to be in that crowd
> and among other jazz greats.
> We owe a lot to that genius, Toots Thielmans, for taking our
> instrument to a place so high. He is a god among us mortals.
> Harmonically yours,
> Roberto Bonfiglio
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
All the best,
Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
Rob¹s Session Sites:
Rob¹s Web Page:
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and