[Harp-L] Jason Ricci recording on Archive.org

Fellow harpers,

For those interested in live recordings, I've completed
the upload of a recording of Jason Ricci and New Blood
to www.archive.org.  I think you can handle finding it from
there.

Suffice to say it was a great show.  But what is most interesting
is that there were nearly no people in attendance.  It was a weeknight,
a Thursday and the day before Halloween.  To call the crowd sparse, or
to call it a crowd would be an overstatement.  It wound up being me with
my recorder and two young ladies at a table behind me for most of the
entertainment.  The proprietor even decided to not have the guys play
a full final set, only because there wasn't anybody there buying drinks.

But what makes this a cool set is that the guys were having fun and
playing loose.  And they were playing different tunes, some quiter
than usual.  So, you'll hear Jason playing some very tasty stuff that
you might not otherwise hear during his sets, or at least not in the 3 or
4 other times I've seen him.  Shawn Starski was great too, as well as
all of the band (now with 5 members on the "southern" tour.)

So check it out and let me know what you think of the set.

GW

--Gary Warren

"The computer can't tell you the emotional story.
  It can give you the exact mathematical design,
  but what's missing is the eyebrows."
                            --Frank Zappa