Re: [Harp-L] Cool stuff (other cool sites - no harp)

www.boingboing.net www.delicious.com www.stumbleupon.com www.jimmyr.com www.cddb.com

http://72.14.205.104/search?hs=sUq&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ploomy.com%2F2008%2F05%2F14%2F10-cool-websites-we-recommend%2F&btnG=Search

The last one has some links to some cool other music sites (and other stuff).

Have fun.

GW

At 02:13 PM 5/31/2008, Tim Moyer wrote:
Warren Bee wrote:
> Two websites worth checking out. Both pretty self explanatory if
> you poke around a bit.
>
> www.pandora.com <http://www.pandora.com/>
>
> www.digg.com <http://www.digg.com/>
>
> I don't know all there is to know about them but the guy putting
> on the seminar I was at yesterday said that Digg is the mother of
> all social networking sites.

I don't know much about Digg, but Pandora is a fabulous internet
radio station, and it's all free.  You create your own station that
plays whatever kind of music you want.  Start by selecting an artist
or a song, and they search their huge database for other songs that
are "similar" according to the rules of the "music genome project".
It picks other songs by other artists, and you just give them a
thumbs up or thumbs down as it hones in on what you're looking for.
Truely great stuff, I have a few stations I've created for myself,
and you can share them with other people, etc.

-tim