[Harp-L] Re SPAH 2008

Howdy from St. Louis, folks!

It is great to see the number of harp-l'ers coming in for SPAH.
I wanted to let you know that in addition to the fine folks of Gateway
Harmonica Club who are hosting and helping to run this event, there should
be a good group of diatonic players from our "new" St. Louis BluesJammers
group attending, either full time or dropping in for a look-see.  We've got
about 10-15 people that have been meeting monthly for the past 2 years to
explore the finer points of diatonic blues, country, jazz, rock, etc
playing, and it has been a great success.  We often hit open mics and
concerts between our meetings.  Since this is the first SPAH for many of
these folks, I'm really stoked about them being able to attend and get that
full immersion experience of a SPAH.  Plus they're some really good players.

I agree with Mick Z. that the blues line-up looks a little weak, but I've
thought that in the past - only to be pleasantly surprised by late additions
and unknown treasures popping up.  Plus as Mick points out, there's so much
more to SPAH than just the headliners anyway.  Just look at the line-up from
harp-l folks that will be there to hang and jam with.

Mike Bruce - Glad to hear your coming, buddy.  Jason's Blow Out will be at
BB's Jazz Blues and Soups Tuesday night (same place as the last SPAH here,
if you remember).  I'll be around to give directions if anyone needs them.
I'm counting on you to teach me some more bluegrass this year.  Will Cara or
Lonnie be there?

All this SPAH talk has got me fired up.  I can't wait to see you all again,
and say thanks for making the past SPAH's I've been able to attend really
rewarding and learning experiences (I can't even start to mention all the
names, but Mr. Krantz really helped my playing approach last year, as did
Mr. Brooks and Mr. Peloquin the year before, and...oops I gotta stop there
or I'll go over the byte limit).  Any of you on the fence - don't miss it!

See y'all in about 10 weeks.
Fred S