[Harp-L] Jason RIcci concert Thursday 8 P.m.

Passing this note along:

note to the Marietta/Parkersburg blues community......
This is a reminder that Jason Ricci, probably the hottest harmonica player in Blues today will be doing an EARLY show Thursday nite (5/29) at the Front Row Bar in Parkersburg.  If you missed him last time, suffice to say he left the crowd spell-bound....it was quite a show....one of the best I've ever seen in a small venue.  He truly IS amazing;  and his band is awesome.  Shawn Starsky, his guitar player was just named one of the TOP 10 guitarists in the world by Guitar Magazine, and his rhythm section (bass & drums) is one of the best out there on tour.  Come out for the music; come out for the show.....but COME OUT FOR THIS SHOW.  Also to support quality live music in our town....we NEED to support Bill Poole at The Front Row (and Kevin Laughery at The Marietta Brewing Company) when they step up and put their money on the line to bring national touring acts to our little burg.
PLEASE, make it a PRIORITY and consider it an INVESTMENT in your FUTURE entertainment.  If we all don't do our part and come out and "pack the place" for these national and regional shows, all we'll be left with is the same old stuff -- and that's all we'll deserve.  Then our only choice will be to drive to Columbus or Pittsburgh, etc.  Besides, this will be a GREAT show, worthy of your making it out on a Thursday nite.  The show starts at 8PM so you can see at least the first set if you're worried about sleep and getting up for work on Friday.  The Front Row is planning more shows this summer, including Walter Trout on Sunday, July 20th and Watermelon Slim on Sunday, August 3rd, plus possibly Jimmy Thackery, Anthony Gomes and more.  BUT this show THURSDAY needs to be successful before Bill makes commitments for future shows.  So PLEASE, make this a PRIORITY; show him we CAN support quality live music here in Parkersburg/Marietta.  AND YOU MARIETTA
 PEOPLE....I'm going to be counting how many of you show up.  It's only six or seven miles down to Front Row.  Just get in your car and head across one of the bridges to West Virginia....that's right, West Virginia.  Your car will cross the bridge;  it won't hurt at all; and you don't even need a passport (although a Visa (card) might not hurt).  :-)
Please come out Thursday at 8PM to support live music....and THE BLUES.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com