[Harp-L] Replacement reed plates vs replacing reeds

  RE: individual reeds on their own little reed plates.
SmoJoe said
Nothing new there. Older organs (Whurlitzer) have those. I once made a bass harmonica using individual reeds & plates. The reeds were
brass with brass plates.
I say:
Come to think of it, you could probably just double the reed plates and widen the holes on the reed plate on top.  Then cut up the reed plates below into equal sizes for each of the reeds.  The little reed plates below could then be moved around according to taste.  I can't tell you what impact that would have on sound.