Re: [Harp-L] software

try "Transcribe" software - just google it. it should be free. extremely small in size and very effective on both wav and mp3.

once you don't need it for post production - that is for the best quality possible - then this Transcribe should do.

It's great for practicing too as you can select pieces of the tune to be slowed down and assign specific buttons - say 1, 2, 3 - for the designated piece of tune. then just by clicking the needed button you'll get the chosen piece of the tune and it will be slowed down. and what is great - you can play pieces in the loop mode.

it can help you learn a new tune or prepare a cover I'd say 10 times faster that in the usual way.

hope it helps.

alex

Sincerely yours,

Alexander Savelyev
Environmental Affairs Officer

OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine
16, Striletska St., Kyiv, 01034, Ukraine
Tel.:  +38 044 492 0382
Cell.: +38 050 441 6238
Fax:  +38 044 492 0383
E-mail:  Alexander.Savelyev@xxxxxxxx

>>> <rgwebber@xxxxxxx> 05/26/08 7:05 PM >>>
I think I've seen this topic before, but I can't find the emails.  What software will speed up or slow down a song (mp3 or wav) without changing the pitch?

Thanks,
Ron