Re: Re: [Harp-L] U-blocking

Try this:  Stick your tongue out but with your lips wide.  Put your index finger on top of the tip of your tongue.  Use your tongue muscles to apply pressure upwards on your index finger.  See if your tongue doesn't form a channel or U.  The key is that the tip of your tongue is trapped below the mouthpiece or on the lower cover plate below the played hole.  Any upward pressure (and some forward pressure) by the tongue will cause the edges of it to raise up.
-John Thaden