From: Jonathan Metts <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:20:50 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Jaw Harp (was: What is Moorsing?)

I own a jaw harp and have found it to be a great training device for
harmonica.  Jaw harps don't make very many notes, but you do control
them entirely with your breathing, embouchure, and throat.  All of these
things go into your harmonica tone.  You can pick up a cheap jaw harp
for five bucks at any music store or even Cracker Barrel.  As with
harmonicas, there are much higher quality versions that cost a good bit
more.  They even come in multiple keys, although I don't think any jaw
harp can really play an entire scale.  They can be used for some fun
rhythmic lines, though.

Jonathan Metts