Re: [Harp-L] RE: Audix FireBall vs. Audix FireBall - V

"M. N." wrote:
<After my earlier post, I sent an inquiry directly to the folks at Audix. They <just
<wrote back with this:

<"The original Fireball is machined (CNC) here at Audix from aluminum and every
<finish is a unique two coat red and black anodize finish.   The sound is a little
<more 'studio' like than the FireBall V.

<"The Fireball V is a cast part and a stock black finish and is slightly longer
<than the FireBall. They are made in much higher numbers that enable us to sell <them
<at a lower price. The V has a little more bass added for live playing."

I strongly recommend any Fireball, original or otherwise, with the V element in it.  I own an original Fireball with the element replaced with a V element, and it is an amazingly versatile harp mic for acoustic and amped work, live or studio.

The original Fireball element sounds nowhere near as good.  That stuff about bass added "for live playing" is just simple nonsense.  The added bass makes the mic sound a hell of a lot better for any purpose. Period.

In short: Fireball V good.  Very, very good.  Buy Fireball V.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter