Re: [Harp-L] Fireball V mic

Greg Heumann wrote:
> > How come I have to turn my volume up so high with? my Fireball V
> > compared to
> > my green bullet ?

<Because your Fireball V is a low-impedance mic. You need to use an
<impedance matching transformer and all will be well.

To be exact and complete, you need:
-- a lo-Z XLR mic cable (about $20 at Radio Shack or musicians friend)
-- an impedance matching transformer (XLR female to 1/4" male, about $15 at Radio Shack or musicians friend)

Your green bullet mic cable probably has the XRL to 1/4" thing covered, otherwise you wouldn't be able to plug it into the Fireball. But it doesn't have the transformer, because Green Bullets are hi-Z mics and don't need a transformer.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter