Re: [Harp-L] Best Zoom H2 settings with loud music please?

James Sterett <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'll have to look into it a little more, but I don't believe the
> > Zoom's auto gain adjusts during recording, it just sets the initial
> > levels.  I get a level with auto gain by having the band play a
> > little before I put the Zoom in record mode.  Then, I start to
> > record and let it roll for the whole set.

That's how it works on the H4, and when I have the opportunity to set the levels this way, I get great recordings. On the other hand, if I just put the thing in front of a loud band and put it into Record mode, there's a high chance of an overloaded recording.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter