Re: [Harp-L] Steppin' in it -- duck-billed platypus

The genome of the   duck-billed platypus was published last week.

The Richter-tuned chromatic (RTC) is the duck-billed platypus of the
chromatic family (half fowl; half mammal). The RTC has blues harp layout but a button
to "sharpen" given notes.

Several people have commented over the years on the Harp List that Stevie has
several custom-tuned chromatics tuned in various keys (by Frank Huang?).

Perhaps Stevie used the button of a Richter-tuned chrome on the first part
and bent the notes on the second part. Would a Bb Richter-chrome work?

The Koch was long available in C and G; it wouldn't be much of a stretch for
Stevie to ask for one in Bb -- or any other key.

And remember the Charlie McCoy Rule: Even if he didn't do it this way, there
is no reason why someone can't do it with a RTC in the future!

Phil Lloyd