Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder

Elizabeth,

'Dazzle' works pretty good for tape to PC (DVD) transfer.  Using Dazzle, I have found that the DVDs created work well on PC DVD drives, but are hit or miss on DVD players connected to a TV.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+DVD+Recorder.htm

Jim
www.mcmule.com

>>> <EGS1217@xxxxxxx> 05/10/08 10:23 AM >>>
I even have some video from last year's SPAH of this fabulous 'kid'...taken
not when he was up on stage...but in a separate 'jazz' jam with Charles
Spranklin, Jim Lohman(?), Phil Caltabellotta, SmoJoe and "the other  Joe", Klein
(?)  ;) - -  Julian had come along to listen in and then  was persuaded to play
a little...he had no idea I was taping him.  He's not  only gorgeous...but his
entire style of playing is based on Stevie Wonder and  Wynton Marsalis'
music...(kid has his head on straight) :)

...and then his 'jazz jam' playing of Fever while LDMiller did the vocals
.....although it was dimly lit, the sound level seemed good the one time I
played it back.

I taped for most of the  5 days I was at SPAH 2007...caught other  fabulous
moments...(Richard Hunter outside waiting for the Airport shuttle,  jamming on
his favourite diatonic..with Jason Ricci  on CHORD  harmonica); brilliant
lobby jamming by Wally Peterman and Phil  Caltabellotta...many of the other 'name'
acts; (all of the first night's  Jazz jam, but those came out rather dark, so
I wasn't horribly disappointed when  I ran out of tape just as Howard Levy
joined in on the 2nd night), so much else  I've forgotten by now.

I didn't tape Charlie Musselwhite...wanted to enjoy his performance without
a camera for once.

These are those tiny little DV tapes.  I wasn't thrilled with the  camera,
much preferring my older one; so still don't know how to 'dupe' these to  either
DVD or even a full-size VHS tape.  ....or to get them onto the  computer to
send to the people in them...I'd be more than happy to send out  final DVD's to
the performers (and/or get their approval before ever posting any  clips to
YouTube)....

I'm not all that technologically proficient either on the computer, or with
recording/video-recording devices. So would sure appreciate help...but not if
the instructions are terribly complicated.  I don't mind buying yet another
DVD (or duping) recorder device/player (if reasonably priced) if need  be.
Layman's terms would be most appreciated, if anyone has some  good ideas?

Elizabeth

"Message: 11